Back to Webinars Schedule
Kurt Zaner · Sarah McEahern
$4.3 million verdict - two crashes, one truck, and proximate cause 101
April 18, 2023 4:00 PM||TLU n DemandRegister Now
Pop quiz hot shot - your client is hit by a truck and knocked off the road. He's not injured. He gets out of his car. Then a second car with limited insurance runs your client over and crushes his legs. How do you persuade a jury to place the blame on the truck that started the chain reaction? Learn how Kurt Zaner and Sarah McEahern turned a $450k offer into a $4.3 million verdict in a federal court trucking trial.
- How to understand and teach the jury about proximate cause when there are two crashes.
- Trucking cases in federal court - conservative juries, federal rules, and federal judges.
- Damages - how to argue for impairment damages instead of pain and suffering.
- Negligent hiring - how to turn minor hiring decisions into a damages driver at trial.
- Endearing your diverse client to a non-diverse jury - how to bring your client's story to life through preparation and lay witnesses.