Back to Webinars Schedule
REPLAY - TLU Live Vegas 2022 - Cross examination with an eye toward summation PART 1 & 2
February 22, 2023 6:30 PM| |TLU n DemandRegister Now
Registering for this webinar will give you access to Parts 1 and 2. Use the same zoom link for Part 1 to view Part 2 on Feb 22nd.
- Be slow and methodical
- Wait for the witnesses to answer the questions
- Listen and use their own words against them
- Control the witness. Don’t let the witness control you.
- Control the narrative of the case.
- Never chase the defendants. Let them chase you.
- Keep your credibility pristine and damage the defendants’ credibility. Work to do this with your cross-examination of every witness.
- This will pay massive dividends in summation.
- Figure out your approach to each witness
- Making a mountain out of a mole hill.
- How to do it and why it’s so important.
- Making the witnesses’ answers ridiculous
- How to emphasize this and why it’s so important.
Pace, Cadence and Demeanor
- Tell the jury how to think and feel with the questions and answers.
- Start slow and methodical.
- Change speeds throughout the cross-examination. Staccato. Be lively.
- Be patient.
- Use the witnesses’ answers against them.
- Don’t be interested in scoring a few points here and there. Your goal should be to destroy the witness and the defense.
- Lawyer cross examining should have some prepared questions, but not be wedded to them.
- Listen to the answers from the witness.
- What to do with a good answer. Leave it alone or press further?